Zombies

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Reesesaddict, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Reesesaddict

Reesesaddict New Member

First of all, the zombie AI is awesome, very good work on your end. I'd like to say that I think we should see some more variety in zombies whether it be having some crawling from the time of spawn or some limping, just differences in the way they run and different speeds. This would lead to a much more immersive feel and would really improve zombies.

2. BigBen

BigBen Developer Staff Member

We have one animation guy, and he has a full time job. We already have over a dozen custom animations. Just takes time.

3. LACHV

LACHV New Member

Honestly I played on a server earlier and thought the AI was very unresponsive to the fact I was following it and it did not attack me. If you want to have the original 'Dayz:Mod' style I would recommend adding in a lot of zombies and make them responsive to shooting like in the original because if you shot a bullet people were scared because hordes of zombies would come running at you like 10, 20 maybe even 30 zombies at times.

4. LACHV

LACHV New Member

The thing that doesn't make it like a zombie mod is the fact that there are no zombies when they should be all over cities like an actual zombie apocalypse and that occasional zombie on the beach or in the wood.

5. BigBen

BigBen Developer Staff Member

The no zombies is a problem with the controller after so many hours. Each server start brings thousands of zombies to the map. It's getting fixed.

Igorzilla666 and igar like this.
  6. Aggro

Aggro New Member

Do server owners have the ability to change zombie uniforms ? make them only spawn near buildings ? perhaps classified zombies with different hit damage would be really cool, I.e zombies spawning near industrial buildings have worker overalls and there hit damage is 6 out of 10, zombies spawning near heli crashes / barracks spawn in military uniform and and their hit damage is 10 out 10.