Vehicles & Constructions Dont Save After Restart

Discussion in 'Installation' started by LastS, Jul 19, 2017.

1. LastS

LastS New Member

Hello, I am hosting 1 server at Windows Server Dedicated, all works fine but constructions made by users and vehicles that the players move around the map make respawn after restart, so, base builds and vehicles from here disapears.

All player data is saved sucessfuly :S

PD. Sy for my english D;

2. Legodev

Legodev Developer Staff Member

Do you use the internal restart feature of the mod? If no do it. Restarting via BEC or any other scheduler brakes the mod in the current state, which is not an bug, its an feature for the development phase.

3. LastS

LastS New Member

I am using a .bat launcher that detect if server is down and relaunch it. You can find here (http://desolationredux.com/forums/threads/guide-how-to-install-desolationredux-server.399/)

But server restart about 4h, i think by the internal restart feature

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TheBombDoctor

TheBombDoctor New Member

Sorry for the necro post. I'm having the same problem. Hosting on my home pc. I use the 4hr intervals, but I would hate for my players to lose their work if I lose internet connection or my wife turns of the computer when I'm not looking. Is this still an intended feature? Is there a way to disable the feature for those of us that are hosting? Thanks.

5. Legodev

i don't get the issue, if you lose your internet connection they have a lot other problems.

6. shane-uk

shane-uk Member

i dont see how things are being lost as things are saved to the database ....

7. TheBombDoctor

TheBombDoctor New Member

Legodev said in an earlier post that it (resetting when restarting or shutting down from outside sources) is an intentional function during the development phase. My question is, again, if you can do it intentionally, then how do you undo it intentionally? My connection issues are not what's in question, it's the consequence of not using built-in restart features that I would like to change for my server.

8. Legodev

you can restart the server via the ingame admin panel, well i could add ab possibility to send the server informations to shutdown without being in arma, but why should i atm? i see no use for this that justifies the effort.

If you want you can decrease the pause between the syncs, but then do not complain about slow downs in server performance.

9. TheBombDoctor

TheBombDoctor New Member

You are misunderstanding. I'm not complaining about server speed or reliability. My point is this.

Right now, if the server program gets shut down without in game commands (for example: my power goes out). This could happen with paid servers as well, if the provider has an outage. At the moment, as you stated, it would wipe the vehicle and camp positions. This creates an issue for server owners and hosters. It is dang near impossible to gather a player base and generate interest if the players can't keep their stuff. The mod will never get popular if things like this are happening.

I'm not asking you to put out a complete patch. I'm simply asking if it possible to change it for my server, and others with the issue. I'm willing to change the code myself, if you simply tell me where (line number and file name, or line to apply to my sql in the db) or provide the code for me to apply it.

Why should you? Because it is a function for development. Not a function for playability. If you expect people to gravitate to your product, then you need playability and persistence in case of the situations mentioned above. No one will want to come back day after day of all of their loot dissappears due to real world power or internet outages. Look no further than Standalone. They didn't care about this stuff and it'd basically dead.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  10. Legodev

Nope it does not, the only thing it does not, is to save the vehicles positions and stuff every minute or whenever an action happens to them. If someone places an new Building this is saved too, even if it did not happen during the sync interval.

And i still see no issue with this practice at all, because simply clean shutdown the game and everything is fine, you also would not shutdown your pc by pulling the powercord, you do shutdown it.

It is possible to change this for your server, search where the sync happens and change the 15 minute sleep to 1 minute, then it will save everything every minute instead of every 15 minutes. To tell you the file i would need to search for this in the server files my self, this code is not written by me nor maintained by me, the sync interval is hardcoded somewhere in the serverfiles. I agree that this code needs do be polished to be more attractive, but i won't do it.

And again, i totally see no issue with expecting server hosters to cleanly shutdown their arma servers instead of killing them like cows and pigs. To explain this again, everything concerning what you want is written in the Server Files in SQF no need to change anything in libredex or somewhere else, just search the file, change it and release the patched file in this Forum! People might love you for doing this, maybe we will even include your patch, but right now we don't have the men power to realize such feature requests.

So everything is opensource, go ahead fulfill your dreams and release your code as opensource too!

this feature might come, but not soon

11. Resiphani

Resiphani New Member

I am having the same problem. You mentioned the internal restart/shutdown feature for the mod? Is it different then #shutdown or #restart?
    Thanks

12. Razer

Razer New Member

You have to use restart that is in admintools or then wait until the server restarts itself. The difference between this and normal arma shutdown is that the object monitoring that saves the objects has to be stopped before doing #shutdown.