Spawning naked with random hat

Discussion in 'Report a bug' started by Ego, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Rui Pedro

Rui Pedro New Member

Hi @Legodev

Rui Pedro from GTXGaming here, I've been testing this with @Moldred and the issue has nothing to do with the lack of performance unless Desolation requires some special performance to run it.

His server it's hosted on brand new OVH dedicated machine, new E3v6 3.7hz CPU, 32GB, 2x512 SSD with Windows 2016 64 bits.

On this machine exists his Desolation server and another vanilla Exile server with 2~5 players max population, nothing else, unless can only run 1 serv

I perfectly understand you may think providers cram their machines to max or even use virtualization, this is not our case, this is not the @Moldred case, you can clearly see by the screenshots he's on a full dedicated server just for him and another exile server, plenty of resources left on the machine, his server it's also running at full fps, and still, he's experiencing that issue.

We got couple more cases of customers complaining about the same issue, on exact same conditions and similar machines, plenty of resources free, good ovh dedicated machines, so, unless that machine is not powerful enough and you need a nasa computer to run the mod, or you need to have 1 desolation server per machine and you can't run anything else on the machine except that unique desolation server, I don't see this as a lack of performance issue.

We host more than 3000+ arma servers, exile, altis life, epoch, coop, etc and it's only Desolation mod having issue about this, and you should also know that Exile works about same, if server FPS go down a certain value the server doesn't save the progress, and we have zero complaints about Exile server not saving due to low fps or lack of machine performance.

I will be happy to provide you all the information needed, logs, machine specs, anything that help you sort out this issue, but i don't think we are looking at a lack of performance issue here.

Attached Files:

2. Screamer

Screamer New Member

Same problem on my DEV server

But yesterday was all fine, and today players after relog are naked

3. Legodev

Legodev Developer Staff Member

hi @Rui Pedro thank you for the offer, just to clarify for everyone, i did not want to defame gtx at all, sorry if people get it this way, i should not have noticed your name.

This bug is a common issue with arma, also for example epoch had this bug, we could simply copy their work around, but we still try to find a better way. We don't know what causes this to happen, it could either be the cpu performance or the network performance.

This basically seems to happen when the players spawn to fast, before the character finished spawning. Thats why it sometimes happens and sometimes not. What this does not explain is, why creating a new player profile seems to solve this issue, maybe its only a placebo like rubbing a coin on the vending machine if it does not take your coin. What epoch did was to check multiple times if the player mass fits to the mass after the logout, if not they delay the the spawn and if it still does not work kick the player to let him try again.

Frank Underwood likes this.
  4. Rui Pedro

Rui Pedro New Member

@Legodev No worries!

Maybe you guys can push some sort of temporary "hotfix", not saying to copy past epoch code, but for now, while you guys manage to get a definitive solution.

This is a critical issue and it's pushing away people from the mod, we are getting daily complaints about this issue, and people starting to migrate to other mods due to this issue, i think some hotfix for now just to keep people motivated with the mod would be good.

Ill be more than happy to provide you logs or test servers or anything to help you guys on this issue.

Frank Underwood likes this.