Players report vehicles sometimes do not save

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by moosemilker, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Does your server experience vehicle save issues?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. moosemilker

moosemilker Member

Players report vehicles sometimes do not save. Sometimes vehicles save, sometimes not so much. Sometimes they can find vehicles if they backtrack and occasionally the vehicle just appears to be gone / deleted. I have warning messages, asking players to stop using vehicles 15 minutes before server reboots, but I am not sure if players are always listening to this message.
    • Players themselves = always saved in the same place they logged out.
    • People have reported placed objects, such as tents shift a little, but nothing like vehicles.
    Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Legodev

Legodev Developer Staff Member

Are you properly shutting down the server using the internal shutdown function?

3. moosemilker

moosemilker Member

@Legodev - I use a tool BEC.exe that I have used for years that calls "#shutdown". BEC.exe makes calls through BEServer.dll.

Maybe this tool sucks and I need to upgrade to a better system? This is exactly why I put this question out there, to see if anyone else has issues, so I can determine if I need to switch it out.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Legodev

Legodev Developer Staff Member

DSR has an building shutdown feature, this shutdown makes sure that all data is saved to database and then turns off the server once all work is done, so that an batch script can restart it.

Using BEC to restart DSR is like you would pull the power cord out of the wall to shutdown your PC instead of hitting the shutdown button.

Edit:
    Just a good example to the bad habits i noted in the other thread, that other mods trained people to do, that actually are evil. ^^

moosemilker likes this.
  5. moosemilker

moosemilker Member

That makes total sense. A disconnected shutdown action is screwing it up.

I will turn off this tool and let the DSR server management plugin do its job like you described... Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018