Player banned and I have no idea why

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by moosemilker, Nov 6, 2018 at 12:30 AM.

Tags:
  1. moosemilker

moosemilker Member

There is a player that is banned on my server and I am scratching my head on why. He says he was playing over the last 2 days for many hours and was chopping trees. He was banned, kicked and cannot re-connect. Any help would be appreciated...

Please note, I rebooted the server after all experiments, before the player attempted connection attempts.

MYSQL -> players table:

Code:
    SELECT * FROM desolationredux.player;
    Result:
    Code:
    # uuid, steamid, battleyeid, firstlogin, firstnick, lastlogin, lastnick, lastlogout, bancount, banreason, banbegindate, banenddate, mainclan_uuid, aikills, nonaikills, deaths, playtime, targetworld_uuid
    ?, '[REMOVED]', 'unused', '2018-03-06 22:32:23', 'SomeDude', '2018-11-05 08:10:42', 'SomeDude', NULL, '0', NULL, NULL, NULL, ?, '0', '0', '0', NULL, ?
    There is a 0 ban count and NULL for all ban* columns.

I run a BEC.exe tool, but the ban.txt file has not been updated since 7/10/2017. I ended the BEC.exe task and he cannot connect.

I added his UUID and the world UUID to the whitelist table.

Code:
    INSERT INTO `desolationredux`.`whitelist`
    (`world_uuid`,
    `player_uuid`)
    VALUES
    (0x11E71379043C8906833008626681DE3D,
    0x[REMOVED]);
    He is now the only player UUID in whitelist table. He still cannot connect. Maybe it is not functional?

I opened up the server side Anticheat.cfg and added his Steam64ID to the comma delimited list of admins. He still cannot connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Razer

Razer Member

There should be a ban.txt file inside your server root folder. You need to remove his SteamID from that list.

3. moosemilker

moosemilker Member

Thanks man! I cleared the file. I suspect some out of date BE files were maybe banning clients.

4. Legodev

Legodev Developer Staff Member

p.S. there is no need to censor the uuids, since they are worthless without your database. :D

5. moosemilker

moosemilker Member

Good call... I was not in the business of thinking it through that day, since I was exiting day-job work, quickly managing this issue with a player and moving to other life concerns. :)