DevBLOG #30 Rebuilding important systems

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BigBen, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBen

BigBen Developer Staff Member

With the information gained from the Open weekend, as well as new assets coming in, we have started rebuilding some critical systems in REDUX. This rebuild was mostly planned from the start, but will be including changes based on our testers input. We are working to get this update done by this coming weekend, but are still waiting on a couple more assets before pushing. This update and the flowing will really complete the feel of the mod, giving a better sense of a complete project. Currently we are working on finishing up zombies and crafting. Lots of work has gone into these two the past week and will continue for the next two. We also continue to add new assets in, building up the crafting list. Below, the team will fill you in on what they are working on, and how it will effect gameplay.

Kegan

I have spent most of the last week fixing bugs. I have increased the zombie count (enjoy) and fixed an issue with the zombie hearing. The weather has been tweaked a bit to add overcast settings. You now have the ability to take your own blood and filling blood bags. Big bug fix concerning saving vehicle damage within the DB. This will require a DB wipe. This also includes syncing vehicle textures. In the coming week I will be implementing the new zombie animations. We received our first batch yesterday, and have about half a dozen more coming. Eventually we would like to have dozens of different animations for the zombies to give more of a random feel, but to begin alpha we will have a simple set of walk, run, crawl, spring, and two attack animations. Everyone should also be glad to hear the marker ping has also been fixed. I also added a couple fixes to prevent players glitching through building objects.

Legodev

I just fixed the last remaining bugs that occurred while converting the dll from the old to the new standard
    and changes the layout of the object table a little bit, to make it more reasonable for the ideas of Kegan

JMaster

Not much done the past week, but I have begun implementing the new commands to the physics system to allow better placement of objects. These new commands are new to 1.68 and were not able to be implemented in the previous build. Hoping to have this done before the coming update, if not then in the following.

TheKnightTemplar

I have been working on some minor bug fixes. Have plans for deconstruct for built objects, but that is on hold until we get some new thing done on the physics system.

Nex

Well I made a little system to make item/object icon previews easier to create so I have most of those done now. Made a campfire and started modeling a cooking pot + stand for it. Eventually higher tier cooking stations will offer benefits of some sort. Current tiers go from campfire > cooking pot > bbq(seen previously). I've mostly just been working on small things that come up until I feel like going into bigger projects like weapons. I might have done more but I can't remember tbh.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah I made some fabric scraps you can get from clothing and a makeshift bandage from that. I couldn't find a bandage one time so I decided we needed this. (-:
    [​IMG]

ImUnleasheD

Not much to show, have just been working on more versions of the level 1 house.

ComatoseBadger

I have been continuing to open A2 assets. Will have a comprehensive album of the work done already once I wrap things up. Lots of new enterable buildings incoming for A2 maps.

BigBen

I have started work on adding in sandbags, and a couple of tents from A2. The sandbags will be able to use to fortify the larger player houses. The tents are simply to add more tent types to Mikes map additions. I also fixed a bunch of bugs pertaining to configs. The Mk-14 has been fixed and now works as intended. Added nearly 50 new item inventory icons made by Nex and CrazyMike. Also added new crafting preview images into the journal so you can now see what you are crafting.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Strontium, GhostHomer, Lwis and 2 others like this.
  2. Austin Martin

Austin Martin Member

Nex great job! Love it!

Nex likes this.
  3. BigBen

Does this mean you managed to save the files?

Nex likes this.
  4. Mike

Mike Developer Staff Member

yes my old hard drive is being cloned onto an external drive i should be able to get tommorow :p,
    the forest and lakes may change however but thats a good representation of what the sat image will look like

BigBen likes this.
  5. Igorzilla666

Igorzilla666 Member

Will there be another open weekend soon?

6. BigBen

Yes, but no time set.

7. HejQiu

HejQiu Moderator

Nice work... new map <3 :rolleyes::cool:

8. Lwis

Lwis Supporter

damn that map tho :D

9. Rolle

Rolle New Member

Looking great, can't wait! That map is an unofficial, or will be part of the Redux release?

10. Nex

Nex Developer Staff Member

Undetermined but it will most likely not be ready for Redux release.

11. Squillium

Squillium Supporter

I need it now

Attached Files:

12. St John

St John New Member

The new map has the look of a early Taviana, which I love.

ki113r likes this.
  13. Mike

Mike Developer Staff Member

map will be focused on desolation / survival mods in general, will hopefully have good ambient atmosphere as ive been working extensively on ambient sounds and music, it *may* be released before during or after the redux open alpha, im splitting development into north and south sections of the map and currently am about 15-20% done with the southern side, desolation servers should be the first ones using the map though it will most likely be free to use for all & for all purposes after it is in a better state later on down the line, like all other things in desolation.

Strontium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.