Desolation Redux - Plugin Dev Pack 0.2.0a

Discussion in 'Releases' started by Kegan, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Kegan

Kegan Developer Staff Member

Plugin Development Pack
    0.2.0a - Download

[​IMG]
    What is this?
    The Plugin Development Pack is a collection of tools to create custom plugins for the Desolation Redux server files.

In order to customize your server, we recommend using our unique plugin system. By using custom plugins you reduce your mission file size and prevent clients from re-downloading the mission file when you update your game.

Although a lot of plugins will be provided by me, I want to give the community the tools to create their own plugins.

"What can be done with this?", You ask. Well it's simple.

Say you wanted to add RHS or CUP. With a plugin you can override the default loot and vehicle spawn tables and add RHS and CUP weapons/vehicles.

Say you wanted to add a Trader system to bring back the feel of ArmA 2 Epoch. With a plugin you can add the client and server code to make this trader system work.

You get the idea.​
    Included is: Plugin creation software (Not yet implemented), and an Example Plugin​
    Documentation:
    The main plugin class. This defines your plugin name, description, and function tag (EXP_fnc_initClient for example)
    [​IMG]

The custom action class. This allows you to add managed user actions, using managed user actions increases client FPS when a lot of actions are loaded onto the player.
    [​IMG]

The plugin functions class. This allows you to add events (such as keybinds and connection events) and run code on server/client start.
    [​IMG]

Plugin .cfg files. These are simple configuration files that can be edited at any time and are accessed via an SQF function.
    [​IMG]

The plugin event management class. This allows you to easily define managed events for players and the server.
    [​IMG]

The plugin keybind management class. This allows you to define keybinds the player can easily customize via the arma 3 keybind menu.
    [​IMG]

I plan to add more detail to this when I get the free time. ;)

Changelog:
    0.1.0a:
    - Initial Release​
    0.2.0a:
    - Comments in .cfg files changed to # symbol over //
    - : in .cfg files was replaced with =
    - Removed keyDown.sqf events
    - Added full event management (player events and mission events)
    - Added customizable keybind management (through arma 3 keybind system)

SLIgaming, igar, jus61 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mike

Mike Developer Staff Member

king kegan

3. >X<

>X< Supporter

Nice...Thanks Kegan!

4. BigJez

BigJez New Member

Is there any good clubs over in the East Coast Kegan?

5. Aggro

Aggro New Member

Images on your OP dont show for me.

6. Tony

Tony New Member

This is very interesting. As of now I just edited the config file in the desolation.pdo for adding CUP_weapon spawns. Would be great if I could add these weapons as a plugin so I dont need to re-do it every update. Not sure how I would make a loot extentionplugin tho.