Comparison from this to arma 2 vanilla dayz

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mitchell822, Mar 31, 2018.

1. mitchell822

mitchell822 New Member

So ive been playing arma 2 vanilla dayz for a while now and been holding out on purchasing arma 3. I heard that arma 3 has no vanilla dayz servers atm, So could someone just tell me what the differences are between this and arma 2?

2. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Member

if you start comparing this to dayz mod you will find out that arma 3 desolation mod servers performance is outstanding in comparison to,say a highly customized dayz overpoch server like the one i had running a few years ago.
    gameplay-wise desolation redux feels like dayz a lot,but the aim of desolation redux is not to copy dayz mod but create something completely new.something thats like dayz sa wouldve been if they wouldnt have f*cked up :)

3. mitchell822

mitchell822 New Member

But all the basics of Arma 2 Dayz are in this? like vanilla base building, basic cars and standard weapons? I don't want all the overpoch and epoch. Is that what I can expect when I play this version?

4. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Member

Id recommend watching a few vids on yt to get a Clue man.

But with like 1800h in a2oa dayz mod i can honestly tell you dsr is as close as you can get in Arma 3

5. mitchell822

mitchell822 New Member

So how does base raiding work on dsr? A lot of the articles/yt videos have just been recommendations for the devs.

6. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Member

Well,oldskool. Find out a bases location,Spot people that leave or enter,kill em if they arent aware.all that shizz.infiltrate,sneak.maybe someone will make a plugin for lock opening or Wall destruction.who knows :)

Isnt a3 like 12 Euros on steam atm?dude,find it out...

7. mitchell822

mitchell822 New Member

I downloaded arma installed all the required mods. I only found 1 server with more than 5 players and it was only russians online lol. Is desolation dead?

8. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Member

Not really.its just that we have like one Server per Player atm.also people are waiting for the Patch to be released

For now i would choose a Server with roaming AI and in a few days the update will drop.

Legodev likes this.
  9. moosemilker

moosemilker New Member

10. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Member

Well my server has and they work just fine.not sure about Posting the Server Name here tho,advertizing rules.
    But having a look into my Profile could in theory lead you the way ;)

moosemilker likes this.
  11. moosemilker

moosemilker New Member

What AI system did you use? I will be on your server at my next available opportunity. :)

12. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Member

Its my Port of Vemf Reloaded for missions and kegans dynai plugin with some changes for the roamers. "Survive this" in the Server title is no joke in this Case as theres like a hundred hostile units,be it Zombies or npc , around a Player at times depending on location ;)